Sean O'Donnells Weblog
I am on a 1024*768 laptop screen for the most part. And I have been finding the default look and feel of Tiny Tiny RSS a little bit bulky for my taste. So I spent a bit of time mucking around with the stylesheet and managed to make it a touch more compact (chiefly just smaller font sizes, but a few other tweaks).
I have stuck it up here
The file contains a replacement stylesheet and a replacement logo image that takes up a little less space.
Im not suggesting that this should replace the defaults. But those stuck on a small screen like me might find this more to their liking.
I just updated the backend of this blog to use Xinha for WYSIWYG editing. I figured the blog was a nice safe testing ground as I have not distributed my Vellum changes yet. Almost every little niggle and problem I had with HTMLArea has been repaired and it is much much more attractive. In each and every single way it is a truly massive improvement over HTMLArea. My heartfelt thanks and admiration goes out to the Xinha development team. Some plugins require php for their backends (but they are all optional) so I will have a little work to do porting them to python. Ogham requires a little more work to switch from HTMLArea to Xinha as it has two custom dialogs which will have to be reimplemented as plugins, but the path ahead is clear.
Well Ogham 0.1.2 is done and dusted. We have Internet explorer compatibility, an improved navigation menu, password protection, it now runs on windows as well as Linux, and there are a raft of minor bug fixes (and thank you for all those bug reports). It has been exactly 6 months to the day since the last release so I hope you guys think this was worth waiting for. Its up on the Ogham home page and Sourceforge right now. Don't forget Ogham also has a subversion repository for those unwilling to wait between releases to grab the latest and greatest , or even help out.
Ogham now supports Internet Explorer. It should work pretty much exactly as Firefox does, with some very tiny cosmetic differences. The changes are currently only available from the Ogham Subversion Repository. But I will get around to packaging a release in the next few days. I have also just discovered that Safari has supported in browser HTML Editing for a few months now. So If I can get my hands on a mac or a volunteer to send me bug reports. I will do my best to support Safari in future releases.
In the last week I have received my first pieces of comment Spam. I just spent the last hour adding support for deleting comments to vellums comments plugin. The volume of Spam is pretty low at the moment, so simply having the ability to delete comments should do me for the time being. Lets hope it stays that way.